Product Liability Attorney
Manufacturers owe us a duty of care in creating and selling products to us. When a product is defective the manufacturers, suppliers, wholesalers, and even retail store owners are legally liable for damages caused by their defective product.
A product can be defective based on:
- Design defects - an inherent flaw in the design of the product
- Manufacturing defects - occurring during the construction or production of the product
- Defects in marketing - including improper instructions for use and/or failures to warn consumers of dangers
In product liability law, if there is a defect in the product that causes harm, the manufacture or supplier is liable for damages, even if they exercised great care.
The attorneys of the Alexander Law Firm, LLP are experienced in proving defects in design, manufacturing, or marketing. We have taken on major national corporations that have injured our clients and killed family members.
If you or a loved has suffered a serious injury or grievous loss because of a defective product, we are here to fight for your rights and help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Please contact us or call (888) 777.1776.
We Have Experience, Extraordinary Resources, and A Winning Track Record
Our experience, extraordinary resources, and readiness have earned us a national reputation and a national practice representing clients in defective product claims involving a full range of defective product litigation, including: cars, trucks, SUVs, crashworthiness, roof crush, stability, tires, toxic chemicals, medical devices, dangerous drugs, electrical switches, and industrial equipment from bulldozers to scaffolding in mining shafts.
The range of products we have taken on is diverse. We hire the best engineering talent in the country. We work with experts who know their field and who can explain it to a jury. Our experience in complex reconstruction, design analysis, cost engineering, failure analysis, human factors, and biomechanical engineering help us provide our clients with outstanding results.
We Are Known for Trying Cases
We do not roll over and take an unfair settlement offer.
Defendants recognize that we negotiate from a position of strength, because we are prepared for trial, at the ready with excellent expert testimony to prove our case, and we set early trial dates.
Our goal is to make a substantial financial difference in the lives of our clients, and in the small way that we can, and to restore part of what has been taken from them.
We do not represent so-called "soft tissue" injuries arising from minor impacts in simple auto collisions. Be careful dealing with those who do, if you have a major loss. Their general style is a quick or partial settlement with one defendant, making our work in taking on a major corporation much more difficult.
We Have A Winning Record of Success in Product Liability Cases
Our track record of winning results speaks for itself. Here are a few cases we have won for our clients:
- $350,000 recovered for injuries to a three-year-old caused by a defectively designed Taco Bell store which required drivers to pull across a sidewalk to "unblock" their view of traffic, ignoring pedestrians. Chow v. Taco Bell, City of Alameda and Sergio Baez, Alameda County Superior Court.
- $750,000 recovered for the wrongful death of a father of three when he suffered a cardiac arrest and drowned while using the defendant's defectively designed submersible sump pump to drain his swimming pool. Furchtenicht v. Peabody Barnes and General Electric, Santa Clara County Superior Court.
- $1.7 million recovered for burn injuries caused by a defectively designed BMW fuel system, and the first defective product recovery against BMW in the United States.
- $3 million recovered for the wrongful death of a college student caused by a defectively designed SUV, defective tire, and a car dealer who failed to report the tires "were out of round." Clark County District Court, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- $25 million recovered for five families in wrongful death actions against Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) arising from a defectively designed scaffolding system in a 500-foot vertical shaft, which failed at PG&E's Helm's Creek hydroelectric facility in Fresno. The surviving families received over $25 millionin settlement and benefits over their lifetimes.
- $120 million for a national class action recovery for 3.3 million owners of Chrysler minivans (1984 through 1995 models), requiring replacement of defective rear hatch door lock which popped open in nominal impacts. Mann v. Chrysler Corporation, Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 746017.
- $200 million for a defective design national class action recovery forcing the "buy back" of 33,000 Nissan minivans, years 1987-1990, at fair market value. Johnson v. Nissan Motor Company in U.S.A., Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 730558.
*All cases are different and these figures do not represent a guarantee of outcome.
We Are Committed To Our Clients
We do not skimp on resources in gathering evidence or hiring the right experts for trial. When two BMW's needed to be purchased and crashed to prove a gas tank system was defectively designed - we didn't hesitate. Having the best evidence takes money - lots of it. That is an investment we take seriously because we know that makes the difference between an expedient settlement and a just award.
We Are An Award-Winning Law Firm
- Voted Best Lawyers, by San Jose Magazine
- Named to the Top 100 California Lawyers, by American Trial Lawyers Association
- Selected as Esteemed Lawyers of America, a peer-selected honor
- Recipient of the Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition Debbie Cole Memorial Community Service Award: "Your career as a legal advocate for the underdog and the under-privileged and your tireless commitment to justice, fairness and equality had made a real difference in our community.”
- Recipient of the Santa Clara School of Law Community Law Center Award: “For dedication to workers throughout California and the nation who have suffered injustice in the workplace... and leadership in the drive to enhance the ability of our legal services programs to provide services to communities in need."
We Care About Our Community
And we are committed to improving safety and health by sharing with the public what we have learned.
We have published an extensive list of articles on defective product litigation. Our most valuable contribution to public education is the Injury Library, a collection of articles explaining in detail the law and providing practical answers in the field of personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
Check our blog for commentary on safety, health and legal developments.
We Are The Law Firm For You
At the Alexander Law Group, LLP we build strong cases so our clients can successfully rebuild their lives.
- Consultations are always free and can be done whenever and wherever is most convenient for you. We have seen clients in their homes, their offices, hospitals and in our office.
- We only win when you win. No matter the case, clients pay nothing until a recovery is made. The Alexander Law Group, LLP never charges a fee or costs unless you make a recovery.
- We have successfully represented clients in defective product claims involving cars, trucks, SUVs, crashworthiness, roof crush, stability, tires, toxic chemicals, medical devices, dangerous drugs, electrical switches, and industrial equipment from bulldozers to scaffolding in mining shafts.
Work With Dedicated, Passionate, Award-Winning Attorneys
The Alexander Law Group, LLP is a nationally-recognized and award-winning personal injury law firm with offices in San Jose and San Francisco. We will passionately advocate for you to get all possible monetary compensation you are entitled to after an injury. We have a record of winning complex cases and obtaining maximum recoveries on behalf of their clients.
Call us at (888) 777.1776 or contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your rights, and the legal care we can provide.