- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Childhood Sexual Assault
- Insurance Law
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Product Liability
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Douglas S. Chan is a veteran attorney with more than 38 years’ experience in international and domestic business. He brings a wealth of knowledge and advice to the Alexander Law Group regarding personal injury, product liability and wrongful death cases involving large corporations and other business entities.
Doug’s practice focuses on the representation of start-up enterprises with a particular emphasis on the financing and commercial issues faced by emerging companies. His practice is concentrated on worldwide business formation, joint ventures, technology licensing, product distribution and supply arrangements, offshore asset protection, and strategic counseling for foreign and domestic firms.
He has participated extensively in nonprofit, civic and governmental affairs. He is a member of the San Francisco Civil Service Commission and the chairman of the board for the Chinese Historical Society of America. His previous public appointments include service on the California Small Business Board and San Francisco’s human rights, police, permit appeals, tax assessment appeals, and rent control commissions.
He has received the highest (“a-v”) peer-review national rating and been named a Northern California “Super Lawyer” for business law. Prior to private practice, he served as a legislative aide to the late U.S. Senator Alan Cranston (D. – Calif.) in the areas of commerce, aviation, governmental operations, and labor.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, J.D. – 1981
- Stanford University, Stanford, California — A.B., Bachelor of Arts 1976
- State Bar of California, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1981
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1990
- San Francisco Assessment Appeals Board, Member, 1987, 00/1987
- San Francisco Rent Stabilization & Arbitration Board, Commissioner, 1984-1987, 00/1984 to 00/1987
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- San Francisco Human Rights Commission, Police Commissioner