- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Childhood Sexual Assault
- Insurance Law
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Product Liability
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Nina Shapirshteyn has devoted her career to fighting for victims who have suffered serious injuries due to the negligence of others. She litigates wrongful death, product liability, motor vehicle, and insurance bad faith cases against powerful corporations, insurance companies, and individual defendants. Ms. Shapirshteyn’s representation has resulted in numerous multimillion dollar recoveries for her clients with traumatic brain injuries and other catastrophic injuries.
In recognition of her superior achievements, Ms. Shapirshteyn was honored as a Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, in 2013 and 2014 an honor limited to only 2.5 percent of the attorneys under the age of 40. Since 2015 she has been recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer which is only given to the top 5% of all lawyers in California.
She was selected as a Trial Lawyer of the Year by the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association for her work as lead counsel in the Kuhlmann v Ethicon-Endo Surgery, LLC, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Services, et al. in which a jury awarded $79.8 million making this the largest verdict in the State of California in 2015 as well as 18th in the nation.
Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers’ Association honored Nina with its award for Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2019 for winning three multi-million dollar verdicts for plaintiffs in one year. Nina is the first lawyer in the history of county to achieve this unmatched record of distinguished advocacy in the Santa Clara County Superior Court.
Nina has been honored with the coveted AV Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell. This is the highest rating in both legal ability and ethical standards based on evaluations by her peers in the legal community. She also holds Avvo.com’s “superb” rating, a perfect 10/10.
Nina is admitted to practice in California and New York. She was born in Ukraine and speaks Russian fluently.
Nina Shapirshteyn is a partner in the Alexander Law Group.
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- Honors: cum laude
- University of California at San Diego
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Management Science with Honors
- Minor: Regional Specialization in Soviet Studies
- New York
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Selected, Northern California Super Lawyer
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- CEO and Founder of Fight With Ukraine,
nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Ukraine, 2022
- CASA, 2008
- California Young Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Western Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
Current Employment Position
- NYSE, 2007 to 2007
- Securities Arbitration Clinic, 2006 to 2007
- Andrews Kurth LLP, Associate, 2006 to 2007