Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers in San Jose
Accidents Don’t Just Happen. Someone Is At Fault.
Wrongdoers who cause car crashes routinely do not have enough insurance coverage to pay you full compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering and long-term disability.
Fortunately, 85% of all Californians have at least a $15,000 minimum policy. Auto insurance is a business designed to pay you as little as possible. When a carrier is given the chance to act reasonably and responsibly and does not, it can be held liable to pay for all of your damages, even if the amount is greater than a $15,000 or $25,000 policy.
How to Get a Major Recovery Paid by an Insurance Company
The following car accident recoveries were obtained by Alexander Law Group clients. Insurance companies paid these amounts after acting in bad faith in settlement negotiations. Each of these results was unique and there is no guarantee that we can achieve similar results for you, but we can give you a chance to obtain the compensation you deserve.
- $4,500,000 spinal cord injury / $30,000 policy
- $3,000,000 brain injury / $50,000 policy
- $2,650,000 foot amputation / $100,000 policy
- $2,000,000 fractures and internal injuries / $100,000 policy
- $500,000 multiple fractures / $100,000 policy
- $225,000 fractured ankle / $25,000 policy
When you meet with a lawyer at the Alexander Law Group, we will explain how can make it possible for you to collect more than a defendant’s limited insurance coverage. We will analyze the facts and injuries you have suffered and show you how California’s insurance laws can provide you with protection against unfair claims tactics and provide you a full recovery.
TEN THINGS YOU NEED TO DO AFTER A CRASH
- Call 911 and provide help to anyone who is injured
- Collect evidence: get the names and phone numbers of witnesses if you can.
- Tell the truth to investigating police officers.
- If a police department will not come to the scene, photo the other driver’s license and insurance card, license plate, damage to all vehicles and road marks. If there was skidding, look for impending skid marks on the roadway before a wheel locks up.
- Report the collision to your insurance company; respectfully decline to discuss your injuries with your adjuster.
- Get medical care and fully report all symptoms. If you feel a little “strange” or “buzzed” that is an important fact to provide to doctors to obtain an accurate diagnosis.
- Emergency Department doctors are there to make sure you have not suffered a life-threatening injury and if you are not admitted to the hospital for care, they will advise you to see your own doctors. Make that appointment immediately.
- Follow up with your primary care doctor as soon as possible and take a list of all of your symptoms – everything that doesn’t’ feel 100%. You will need a well-documented medical history if you don’t heal completely.
- The most under-reported an undiagnosed injury is a mild traumatic brain injury caused by a rapid movement of the head, with or without loss of consciousness. A mild TBI can have lifetime impacts. If you are experiencing extreme fatigue, headaches, sleeplessness, difficulty remembering words or following conversations, these symptoms need to be reported to your doctors at the earliest date.
- Call the lawyers at Alexander Law Group to learn all you options and begin understanding how California’s insurance laws can give you major protection.
HOW TO BEST PROTECT YOURSELF FROM AN UNDERINSURED DRIVER
- Call us immediately before talking to any insurance company. There is no charge.
- Do not attempt to file an insurance claim. You have two years from the date of the accident to take action. Learn what you need to know about California’s insurance law and how they can work for you.
- Do not reveal to an insurance company adjuster the injuries you have suffered, not even your own. Your own insurance company claims adjuster will ask and when s/he talks to the wrongdoer’s insurance agent information that you want to control will be given away. Respectfully postpone any such discussion until you have talked to us.
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
If you have suffered a serious injury, the lawyers you select must provide the financial resources to fully prove your case. Cutting-edge proof takes money – quite often lot of it. Alexander Law Group bears all costs in preparing your case with the strongest proof. That is the foundation for proving the real extent of your pain and suffering from a serious injury.
Alexander Law Group San Jose attorneys use state-of-the-art simulations and expert testimony by engineers to fully explain how crashes unfold and the forces that caused your injuries. We retain medical experts in physical medicine and rehabilitation, in conjunction with experts in computerized evaluations of functional capacity, to objectively show loss of range of motion and dexterity caused by the defendant. Survivors of closed head injuries have their resulting losses identified by a neurologist using special MRIs providing deep tensor imagery in conjunction with a neuropsychologist providing detailed cognitive testing. Occupational and speech therapists instrumental in providing therapies for a full recovery are called to testify. For those who have permanent disabilities our experts layout year by year every expected medical expense which is then analyzed by a lifecare planner who calculates the cost of care. Where a job has been lost because of disability a specialist in vocational rehabilitation conducts an evaluation of jobs now open and the salary losses to be expected over a working life. Lastly a forensic economist explains how an award for future care will generate interest and pay necessary bills as required by the plan over your lifetime.
Alexander Law Group gives you a level playing field against major corporations and insurance companies.
Not Just Legal Help But Compassion
An accident affects far more than just your physical health. We understand that you may feel overwhelmed — as if your humanity has been lost in the shuffle of doctors, insurance companies and lawyers. Our compassionate San Jose attorneys will do more than just handle your case file; they will work with you one-on-one to care for your overall well-being.
Types of Accidents
Free Consultation. No Recovery – No Fee.
Calling us costs you nothing. We don’t get paid unless we win money for you. Call or text us in California at 888-777-1776 or email us. Our firm is based in San Jose, but we have offices throughout California to serve you better. We have won money for people in 24 states. We don’t just come to fight. We come to win.
We Were Lucky to Find a True Professional
Our lives were changed forever when we were struck in a head-on collision on Highway 17 that caused multiple broken bones, facial fractures and traumatic brain injury. After we contacting Alexander Law Group, for the next 10 months Richard labored tirelessly over our case, he has covered every aspect of what was coming up, he knew how to handle it, what to do, and guided us through. On the eve of trial, 10 months after filing suit, Richard secured a fare and very generous settlement on our case. We were lucky to find a true professional and a person who has great compassion for the people that he dealt with. We both found him to be a real friend.~ Jerry and Jackie Pighini, auto accident, San Jose, California