San Jose Auto Accidents Attorneys
Has a San Jose Car Accident Wreaked Havoc on Your Life?
Unfortunately, car accidents are common in San Jose and throughout California. Thousands of people in our area suffer injuries and hundreds die because of car accidents each year. After a car accident in San Jose that someone else caused, you need knowledgeable San Jose auto accident attorneys on your side to help you get the compensation you deserve.
While money cannot make up for the devastating aftermath of being involved in a car accident, it can help ease the financial burden. If the accident was not your fault or even in cases where you may be found partially at fault, you may be able to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other losses.
The award-winning San Jose car accident lawyers at Alexander Law Group, LLP, are here to help you with your car accident case. We have the experience to succeed, and we are here to fight for you.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
San Jose Car Accidents Guide
- Why Hire Our San Jose Car Accident Lawyers?
- San Jose Car Accident Statistics
- What Are the Main Causes of Car Accidents in San Jose?
- What Car Accident Injuries in San Jose Qualify for Compensation?
- How Do I Hold Another Driver Accountable for My Car Accident Injuries in San Jose?
- What Compensation Can I Receive from a San Jose Car Accident Claim?
- How Long Do I Have to Sue the At-Fault Driver for Damages in San Jose?
- Can I Recover Damages in San Jose if I Was Partially At Fault for the Accident?
- Contact Alexander Law Group, LLP, Today for a No-Cost Case Evaluation
Why Hire Our San Jose Car Accident Lawyers?
- Consultations are always free and can be done whenever and wherever is most convenient for you. We can come to your home, hospital room, or office.
- When our firm accepts cases, we operate on a contingent fee basis. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay anything.
- Year after year, the Alexander Law Group, LLP, has received ratings as one of the top auto accident and personal injury firms in the nation by our peers and independent legal authorities.
- We pride ourselves on always going the extra mile for our clients. We never just settle because it is the easy thing to do. We will fight for you to obtain the kind of results our clients deserve.
- We pride ourselves on giving every client the time and attention necessary to get compensation for their injuries. Unlike some law firms where you have a case worker or paralegal in charge of your file, we ensure regular and continuous contact between the attorneys and the client throughout their case. You will always know what is happening with your case.
We realize this is a difficult time for you and know it can be hard to associate a dollar amount to an injury. The San Jose car accident attorneys at Alexander Law Group, LLP, will work passionately to get all possible monetary compensation you are entitled to after your injury. We have a record of winning complex cases and obtaining maximum compensation on behalf of our clients.
Some notable successful results we have obtained for injured clients include:
- $11 million recovered for a father and daughter involved in a rear-end collision that left them with serious spinal cord and other injuries
- $8.1 million recovered for a 15-year-old boy who suffered catastrophic brain damage after his family’s car was sideswiped on the freeway
- $3.5 million recovered for a 19-year-old passenger involved in a rollover
- $2.3 million recovered for a family whose husband and father was killed by a drunk driver
*All cases are different, and these figures do not represent a guarantee of outcome.
To get the compassionate, award-winning representation you need for your San Jose car accident claim, contact Alexander Law Group, LLP, for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers have decades of collective experience in personal injury law, and we are committed to helping you obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Passionate, Dedicated and Focused Team
Thank you very much for all your hard work and effort in obtaining the settlement on my behalf. It’s not often that I have met and worked with such a passionate, dedicated and focused team such as yourselves. Your attention is 100% customer- and goal-oriented, and many business professionals could learn from your excellent ‘can do’ attitude and effort. You are a great team and I am very appreciative of everything that you each did for me. On behalf of my family and from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Warm Regards.~ Kelly Telfer, auto accident, San Jose, California
San Jose Car Accident Statistics
The City of San Jose reports that, over a recent four-year period, 24,565 traffic accidents occurred in the San Jose area. In those crashes, 15,456 people sustained injuries, with 1,065 suffering severe injuries. Additionally, 278 people died in auto accidents.
Some of the most dangerous roads in San Jose for serious and fatal car accidents include:
- Almaden Expressway
- Capitol Expressway
- Highway 17
- U.S. Highway 101
Other roads and intersections throughout San Jose also see considerable numbers of auto accidents, including Mount Hamilton Road, Alpine Road, and Pacheco Pass.
What Are the Main Causes of Car Accidents in San Jose?
Car accidents in San Jose can result from various factors.
Some of the main causes of car accidents in San Jose include:
- Distracted Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs
- Improper Lane Changes
- Driver Fatigue
- Failure to Yield
- Inexperienced Drivers
Along with driver negligence and wrongdoing, other factors can also cause car accidents in San Jose, including mechanical issues, such as tire blowouts and brake failure, as well as adverse weather conditions and poor road conditions.
It’s important for drivers to be aware of these potential causes and take preventive measures to enhance road safety. Even if you take all precautions and drive safely, you can’t control the actions of others. If you sustained injuries in a car accident that was not your fault, reach out to an experienced auto accident lawyer at Alexander Law Group, LLP to discuss your case.
What Car Accident Injuries in San Jose Qualify for Compensation?
In San Jose, various car accident injuries may qualify for compensation, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of the injuries.
Some common car accident injuries that may result in compensation include:
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Burn Injuries
- Psychological Injuries, like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
To seek compensation for these injuries, you typically need to demonstrate that another party’s negligence or wrongful actions caused the accident. For help establishing negligence and improving your chances of getting maximum compensation, you need to work with an experienced San Jose car accident attorney.
A lawyer from Alexander Law Group, LLP, can guide you on the best course of action to document your injuries and pursue compensation.
How Do I Hold Another Driver Accountable for My Car Accident Injuries in San Jose?
To hold another driver accountable for your car accident injuries in San Jose, you can follow these general steps.
- Seek Medical Attention: Prioritize your health by seeking immediate medical attention for your injuries, no matter how serious they are. This not only ensures proper care but also documents your injuries for legal purposes.
- Gather Information at the Scene: If possible, collect information at the accident scene, including the other driver’s contact details, insurance information, and the names and contact information of any witnesses. Take photos of the accident scene, vehicle damage, and your injuries.
- Report the Accident: Report the accident to the local police or law enforcement. Obtain a copy of the police report, as it can be valuable when establishing fault.
- Preserve Evidence: Preserve any evidence related to the accident. This may include medical records, photographs, repair estimates, and any communication with the other driver or their insurance company.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company about the accident. Provide them with accurate and detailed information but avoid making statements that may harm your claim later.
Contact an Attorney
After getting medical treatment and gathering as much evidence as you can from the accident scene, you need to contact a personal injury attorney in San Jose with experience in car accident cases. Many attorneys offer free consultations to assess the merits of your case.
A lawyer can help you hold the other driver accountable and obtain compensation as they:
- Determine Liability: Your attorney will help you determine liability by investigating the circumstances of the accident, reviewing evidence, and assessing applicable traffic laws.
- File a Personal Injury Claim: If the other driver is at fault, your attorney may help you file a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. This often involves sending a demand letter outlining your injuries, damages, and the compensation you are seeking.
- Negotiate a Settlement: Your attorney will negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company to reach a fair settlement. This process may involve back-and-forth negotiations to agree on an appropriate compensation amount.
- Litigation (If Necessary): If the insurance company won’t negotiate a fair settlement, your lawyer may file a lawsuit on your behalf in civil court.
- Court Proceedings: If your case goes to trial, your attorney will present evidence, call witnesses, and argue your case. A judge or jury will then rule on the compensation to be awarded.
- Collect Compensation: Your lawyer can help you collect any compensation awarded through an insurance settlement or court award.
Reach out to an attorney at Alexander Law Group, LLP, who can assess the specific details of your case and determine the appropriate legal steps to pursue compensation for your injuries.
What Compensation Can I Receive from a San Jose Car Accident Claim?
In a San Jose car accident claim, the compensation you may receive is generally divided into two main categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages refer to the tangible, measurable financial losses that you experience as a direct result of an injury.
- Medical expenses for all past, current, and future medical costs associated with treating your car accident injuries. This includes hospital bills, surgeries, medication, rehabilitation, and therapy.
- Reimbursement for lost income due to missed work as a direct result of the accident. This includes both the immediate period following the accident and any future time missed from work due to ongoing recovery.
- Loss of future earning capacity if your injuries lead to a long-term or permanent disability that affects your ability to work and earn a living.
- Compensation for repair or replacement costs of your damaged vehicle and any other personal property affected in the accident.
- In wrongful death cases where the car accident killed a close family member, you may obtain compensation to cover the costs associated with the funeral and burial costs as well as the lost income the deceased person provided to your household.
- You may also receive compensation for other associated out-of-pocket expenses.
Non-economic damages, also known as general damages, refer to the subjective, non-monetary losses that you experience due to an injury. These damages are more challenging to quantify in monetary terms compared to economic damages because they involve the intangible aspects of your ongoing pain and suffering.
Some examples include:
- Compensation for the physical pain and discomfort you suffered as a result of the car accident and its aftermath.
- Damages for psychological trauma, emotional distress, anxiety, depression, or other similar consequences directly related to the car accident.
- Loss of consortium for the negative impact the injuries have on your relationships with family members, including loss of companionship, support, and intimacy.
- Disfigurement and scarring if the accident results in permanent disfigurement or scarring.
- Loss of enjoyment of life for the loss of your ability to enjoy daily activities, hobbies, and life experiences due to the injuries you sustained in the car accident.
In certain rare cases involving gross negligence or intentional misconduct, the court may award punitive damages to punish the at-fault party and deter similar behavior.
An experienced personal injury attorney in San Jose from Alexander Law Group, LLP, can properly assess the value of your damages, gather supporting evidence, and navigate the legal process to seek fair compensation for your losses.
How Long Do I Have to Sue the At-Fault Driver for Damages in San Jose?
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including those arising from car accidents, is typically two years from the date of the injury. Failing to have an attorney file a lawsuit for you within the specified time frame may result in the court dismissing your case and losing your right to pursue compensation.
Certain exceptions can extend the time you have to file, such as with cases involving minors or if you did not discover your injury until some time after the accident. Also, claims against government entities usually have very short deadlines and a lot of red tape you must cut through to file a claim.
It’s imperative you contact an auto accident attorney as soon as you’re able. Evidence may disappear or witnesses may forget what they saw. Plus, it takes time to build a strong claim and fully assess your injuries and damages. You have no time to lose in getting started.
Can I Recover Damages in San Jose if I Was Partially At Fault for the Accident?
Yes, you may still be able to recover damages in San Jose even if you were partially at fault for the accident. California follows a pure comparative negligence rule.
Under this rule, you may recover damages if you share some degree of fault for the accident. However, your compensation will decrease by your percentage of fault.
Contact Alexander Law Group, LLP, Today for a No-Cost Case Evaluation
If you suffered injuries or lost a close family member in a car accident in San Jose, you don’t have to navigate the legal complexities alone. Our experienced San Jose car accident attorneys at Alexander Law Group, LLP, are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today at (408) 289-1776 for your free consultation. Your well-being is our priority, and we’re committed to advocating for your rights. Take the first step toward recovery and let us help you seek justice and fair compensation for your San Jose car accident injuries.
Alexander Law Group, LLP – San Jose Office
Address: 99 Almaden Blvd., Suite 700, San Jose, CA 95113