Brain Injury Lawyer in San Jose
Brain injuries are some of the most devastating injuries a person can sustain. Since the brain controls virtually all bodily functions, any injury to the brain can be debilitating and leave you facing years of medical care and rehabilitation.
The cost of medical treatment for a traumatic brain injury is staggering. Coupled with lost wages and pain and suffering, it begins to immediately affect not only the injured person but their family as well. California’s personal injury laws allow people who suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing to seek compensation from those responsible.
The process of holding an at-fault party accountable and obtaining compensation for your brain injury in San Jose is complex. You need an experienced brain injury lawyer in San Jose to help you navigate the process and fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
At Alexander Law Group, LLP, our San Jose personal injury attorneys have decades of experience handling traumatic brain injury claims. We work with teams of industry experts, such as investigators, neuropsychologists, life care planners, accident reconstructionists, and economists, who help us build the strongest cases possible for our clients.
Contact us today for a free consultation and learn how we can help you get maximum compensation for the brain injuries you suffered in San Jose because of another party’s carelessness or wrongful actions.
San Jose Brain Injury Guide
- Why Work with Alexander Law Group LLP for Your San Jose Brain Injury Claim?
- What Are the Different Types of Brain Injuries You Can Sustain in San Jose?
- What Are Some Symptoms of a Brain Injury?
- What Are Common Causes of Brain Injuries in San Jose?
- How Can I Recover Compensation for a Brain Injury in San Jose?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Brain Injury Lawsuit in San Jose?
- Can I Afford a Brain Injury Attorney in San Jose?
- Contact an Experienced San Jose Brain Injury Attorney at Alexander Law Group, LLP
Why Work with Alexander Law Group LLP for Your San Jose Brain Injury Claim?
At Alexander Law Group, LLP, we build strong cases so our clients can successfully rebuild their lives. Our experienced San Jose brain injury attorneys have the skills and experience to calculate and present your damages to help ensure you receive the compensation you and your family deserve for the injuries you have suffered.
Some aspects that set our firm apart from other personal injury lawyers in San Jose include:
- Consultations are always free and can be done whenever and wherever is most convenient for you. We have seen clients in their homes, their offices, hospitals, and our office.
- We win only when you win. No matter the case, clients pay nothing until we make a recovery on their behalf. The Alexander Law Group, LLP never charges a fee or costs unless we obtain compensation for you.
- Voted Best Lawyers by San Jose Magazine
- Named to the Top 100 California Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Santa Clara County Trial Lawyer of the Year for $10.1 million judgment for bad faith refusal to pay a policy of $50,000
- Rated 10/10 “Superb” by Avvo.com an independent review site, including five-star reviews from clients
Over the years, our attorneys have obtained substantial settlements and verdicts for our clients, including:
- $10.1 million for a boy who suffered brain damage and other injuries after a car struck him
- $8.1 million for the family of a teenager who sustained severe brain injuries in an auto accident
- $4.25 million for the family of a child who suffered severe brain injury due to methanol fume and arsenide dust exposure in utero
- $1.9 million for a framing contractor who suffered a brain injury during a fall
Although these figures don’t represent a guarantee of outcome, you can trust that we will do all we can to maximize your financial recovery.
Contact Alexander Law Group, LLP right away to speak with one of our San Jose brain injury attorneys at no cost.
San Jose Practice Areas
Get A Free Consultation On Compensation
Alexander Law Group, LLP is a nationally recognized and award-winning personal injury law firm with offices in San Jose and throughout the Bay Area. We are passionate about our clients and our community, and we have decades of experience handling traumatic brain injury cases. We are advocates for our clients, and we invite you to read what our clients have to say.
Jerry and Jackie Pighini’s lives were changed forever when they were struck in a head-on collision on Highway 17 that caused multiple facial fractures and traumatic brain injury. On the eve of trial, 10 months after filing suit, Richard Alexander secured a $5.2 million recovery for the Pighini family. Listen as Jerry and Jackie describe how Dick became not only their lawyer, but their friend.~ Jerry and Jackie Pighini
What Are the Different Types of Brain Injuries You Can Sustain in San Jose?
Brain injuries can be classified into various types, depending on the cause, severity, and specific areas of the brain affected. Here are some common types of brain injuries:
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Concussion: A mild form of TBI, often caused by a blow to the head or sudden acceleration/deceleration.
- Contusion: A bruise on the brain’s surface, typically caused by a direct impact to the head.
- Penetrating Injury: Occurs when an object penetrates the skull and damages the brain tissue.
Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Stroke: Caused by a disruption of blood flow to the brain, leading to damage.
- Hypoxia/Anoxia: Lack of oxygen to the brain, either partial (hypoxia) or complete (anoxia), causing damage.
- Infections: Brain injuries can result from infections like meningitis or encephalitis.
In a closed-head injury, the brain experiences damage without any penetration of the skull, such as in concussions or contusions. In an open-head injury, something penetrates the skull and damages the brain, such as with gunshot wounds or other penetrating injuries.
A diffuse axonal injury (DAI) results from rapid deceleration or rotational forces causing widespread damage to nerve fibers (axons) in the brain. High-speed car accidents are a common cause of these types of injuries. Brain injuries may also result from exposure to toxic chemicals as well as metabolic issues and inflammation due to autoimmune disorders.
The severity and long-term effects of a brain injury can vary widely depending on the type and extent of damage. Medical professionals use various diagnostic tools, such as CT scans and MRIs, to assess the nature and severity of brain injuries and develop appropriate treatment plans.
What Are Some Symptoms of a Brain Injury?
The symptoms of a brain injury can vary widely depending on the type and severity of the injury. It’s important to note that symptoms may not always be immediately apparent and can develop or change over time.
Some common symptoms associated with brain injuries include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Memory problems
- Mood swings and behavioral issues
- Slurred speech and other communication issues
- Loss of sensory functions, such as smell and taste
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Loss of consciousness
It’s important to seek medical attention if you or someone you love experiences a head injury or exhibits any of these symptoms–or anything out of the ordinary that causes concern. In the case of a traumatic brain injury (TBI), timely medical intervention is crucial for proper diagnosis and treatment.
What Are Common Causes of Brain Injuries in San Jose?
Common causes of brain injuries in San Jose include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents can result in traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) due to impacts or collisions.
- Falls: Falls from heights or slipping and tripping accidents are a significant cause of brain injuries, especially among the elderly and young children.
- Sports-Related Injuries: High-impact sports or activities with a risk of head injuries, such as football, soccer, or skateboarding, can lead to concussions or more severe brain injuries.
- Assaults and Violence: Physical assaults, domestic violence, and other forms of intentional harm can cause traumatic brain injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: Accidents at construction sites, industrial settings, or other workplaces can result in head injuries due to falls, falling objects, or other hazards.
- Medical Negligence: Surgical errors, anesthesia complications, or medical malpractice can lead to brain injuries in some cases. Oxygen deprivation during childbirth, improper use of forceps, or other complications can result in birth injuries to newborns.
- Recreational Accidents: Activities such as skiing, snowboarding, or other recreational pursuits can lead to head injuries.
- Explosions and Blasts: Military personnel, as well as individuals in certain industries, may be at risk of brain injuries due to explosions or blasts.
Brain injuries can also result from other causes and factors. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury due to another party’s negligence or intentional misconduct in San Jose, contact Alexander Law Group, LLP to discuss your rights and options for pursuing compensation.
How Can I Recover Compensation for a Brain Injury in San Jose?
Recovering compensation for a brain injury in San Jose typically involves navigating a legal process.
Here are general steps you can take, but you need advice from a personal injury attorney experienced in brain injury cases for tailored guidance:
- Seek Medical Attention: The first and most important step is to seek immediate medical attention for your brain injury. Your health is the top priority, and a proper medical evaluation will document the extent of your injuries.
- Preserve Evidence: Collect and preserve any evidence related to the incident. This may include medical records, accident reports, photographs of the scene, witness statements, and any other relevant documentation.
- Document Damages: Keep detailed records of all medical expenses, including hospital bills, rehabilitation costs, and ongoing treatment. Additionally, document any lost wages or future income potential. A lawyer can help you document damages. You should also keep a daily journal where you document the effects of your brain injury and the impact it has had on your life.
- Consult a Personal Injury Attorney: Contact a personal injury attorney in San Jose who specializes in brain injury cases. They can provide a free consultation, assess the strength of your case, and guide you on the next steps.
- Identify Liability: A lawyer can help you determine who may be liable for your brain injury. This could be another individual, a company, a property owner, or an entity responsible for maintaining safety standards.
- File a Personal Injury Claim: With the assistance of your attorney, file a personal injury claim against the responsible party. This typically involves sending a demand letter to the at-fault party or their insurance company.
- Negotiation with Insurance Companies: Your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fair settlement. This may involve back-and-forth discussions to agree on an appropriate compensation amount.
- Litigation (If Necessary): If the insurance company refuses to negotiate a fair settlement or acts in bad faith regarding your claim, your attorney may advise filing a lawsuit. This involves initiating legal proceedings against the responsible party, and the case may go to court.
- Court Proceedings: If the case goes to trial, your attorney will present evidence, call witnesses, and argue your case. The court will then make a judgment on the compensation to be awarded.
After successfully navigating a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you may obtain compensation in the form of a settlement, structured payments, or a court-ordered award. Your attorney can help collect your compensation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Brain Injury Lawsuit in San Jose?
California has a two-year statute of limitations for most types of personal injury claims based on negligence. The clock starts ticking on the date you discovered your injury. If you fail to have an attorney file a lawsuit on your behalf within that time, you may lose your right to pursue compensation.
Some exceptions can extend the time you have to file, but don’t wait. The sooner you get started, the better. Your attorney will need to gather a lot of evidence to support your claim, and it takes time to fully evaluate your injury to ensure you get the full amount of compensation you need both now and for the future. Keep in mind, too, that claims against government entities typically have far shorter deadlines for filing an injury claim. Contact an experienced San Jose brain injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Can I Afford a Brain Injury Attorney in San Jose?
Yes. As mentioned above, the personal injury attorneys at Alexander Law Group, LLP work on a contingency fee basis. This means we charge nothing upfront to represent you, and we only accept a fee if we win your case. If we’re unable to obtain compensation on your behalf, you owe us nothing.
Considering that most injury victims receive far more compensation working with an attorney than handling a claim on their own, you really can’t afford not to have an attorney represent you.
Contact an Experienced San Jose Brain Injury Attorney at Alexander Law Group, LLP
Dealing with the aftermath of a brain injury is challenging. If you or a loved one is seeking compassionate and experienced legal representation in San Jose, our team at Alexander Law Group, LLP is here for you.
Our dedicated brain injury attorneys have a proven track record of helping clients navigate the complexities of personal injury law, and we’re committed to fighting for your rights and future.
for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Alexander Law Group, LLP – San Jose Office
Address: 99 Almaden Blvd., Suite 700, San Jose, CA 95113