Burn Injury Attorneys | San Jose
Did You Survive A Burn Injury? Get Legal Help in San Jose.
A burn injury is generally characterized as injury to the skin caused by heat, electricity, chemicals, light, radiation or friction. Most burns affect only the skin. On rare occasions, deeper tissue burns occur, affecting muscles, bones and blood vessels.
Burn injuries, the time it takes to heal and living with the aftermath can wreak havoc on the lives of victims. When the carelessness or negligence of a person or organization causes burn injuries, people are left devastated. Alexander Law Group, LLP has been litigating burn injury cases for over 30 years.
If you have been involved in an accident causing burn injuries, we are here to help you.
If you’ve suffered burn injuries or other forms of injuries, you need knowledgeable attorneys on your side. The award-winning attorneys of the Alexander Law Group, LLP are here to help you with your burn injury case. We have the experience to succeed. We are here to fight for you.
You may be able to recover money for injuries, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
While money cannot make up for the devastating aftermath of burn injuries, it can help ease the resulting financial burdens.
The correct medical treatment is vital to the successful recovery of a burn injury.
First-degree and light partial-thickness second-degree burns are often treated with first aid in the home or on an outpatient basis with a family physician or urgent care center. Deeper second- and full-thickness third- and fourth-degree burns can require specialized treatment in a burn treatment facility.
Burn injuries are extremely painful and can result in disfiguring and disabling scarring, amputation and death.
Complications such as shock, infection, multiple organ failure and respiratory failure can occur. Treatment of burns may include removing dead tissue (debridement), applying dressings to the wound, administering large volumes of intravenous fluids, administering antibiotics, skin grafting and reconstructive surgery.
A few decades ago, burns covering half the body or more were often fatal. Thanks to research and significant advancements in treatment options, people with burns covering 90% of their bodies can survive. Even with advancements in burn treatment and reconstruction, however, these survivors will live with permanent impairments and scars.
Types of Injuries
Get Your Free Consultation Today
We have over 30 years of litigating complex burn injury cases against major insurance companies and large corporations. The Alexander Law Group, LLP has a reputation for going all the way and never backing down.
If you or someone you know has suffered burn injuries, contact our experienced and reputable San Jose attorneys. Consultations are always free. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay anything.
Our Record Of Success In Burn Injury Cases
Our track record of winning results speaks for itself. Here are cases we have won for our clients:
- $15,500,000 recovered for a man who suffered electrical burns over 65% of his body as a result of being assigned to repair electrical switch gear which had not been fully de-energized. His first lawyer advised he had no case. McNabb v. IBM
- $10,000,000 recovery for a defective passenger car fuel system. Claim settled 30 days after filing suit conditioned on not revealing the name of the manufacturer. Driver suffered 55% full body burns of the woman and her 16 year old grandchild died.
- $8,500,000 recovered against Conrail in Washington D.C. for electrical burn injuries that led to a triple amputation suffered by a teenager who climbed on top of a boxcar and had 12,000 volts arc from an overhead catenary wire. Throop v. Conrail
- $6,625,000 for high-voltage catastrophic burns caused by the failure of a California utility to maintain the right of way for its powerline through a heavy growth of trees causing a powerline to collapse. Plaintiff suffered catastrophic burn injuries. Mediated recovery by Hon. Jamie Jacobs-May, Santa Clara County Superior Court, Ret. Settlement conditioned on not revealing the name of the utility.
- $3,000,000 recovery for the wrongful death of a 25 year-old man due to a gas tank failure following a loss of control of his pickup truck on a Missouri highway. Settling car manufacturer required confidentiality.
- $2,500,000 recovery for electrical burn and shock injuries suffered by technician assigned to clean “cold” switch gear in Douglass v. Hitachi.
- $1,680,000 recovered for a man rear-ended in his 1969 BMW 1600 by a reckless driver. The gas tank failed and major burns resulted. First recovery against BMW for a defective car in the United States. Chin v. BMW
- $975,000 recovered from Idaho Power for electrical injuries suffered by a 35-year-old man when a defective utility pole cross-arm rotted and failed, causing a 14,400 volt line to drop to the ground. Finn v. Idaho Power.
- $750,000 settlement the morning of trial for burn injuries caused by a defectively designed electrical switch injuring a Pacific Gas & Electric lineman. Smethurst v. G&W Specialty Company
- Confidential recovery for 9-year-old boy who was burned by a model rocket at a school science fair. Defendant included the Palo Alto Unified School District, the boy’s teacher and the Stanford University engineering professor who set off the rocket. Settled during trial.
- $450,000 recovery for electrical burns suffered by an electrician in Rockstroh v. National Semiconductor
- $400,000 recovery in Gasich v. PG&E bulldozer operator struck an unprotected gas main that had been negligently maintained by the utility.
- $300,000 recovery for a laborer who suffered gas burns while working inside a storm drain. Wilson v. PG&E and Bilardi Construction.
- Confidential settlement by Chryslerfor the families of four teenage boys who were burned to death on Christmas Day when a defectively designed 1978 Dodge Ramcharger pickup truck overturned into a creek bed at 20 mph causing the filler tube to pull from the tank.
*All cases are different and these figures do not represent a guarantee of outcome.
Why Choose Our San Jose Attorneys?
- Voted Best Lawyers by San Jose Magazine
- Named to the Top 100 California Lawyers by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Selected as Esteemed Lawyers of America, a peer-selected honor
- First recipient of the Pro Bono Award for Advocacy and Service on Behalf of Persons Injured in the Work Place, awarded by the Santa Clara Center for Occupational Safety and Health
- Recipient of the Santa Clara School of Law Community Law Center Award: “for dedication to workers throughout California and the nation who have suffered injustice in the workplace … and leadership in the drive to enhance the ability of our legal services programs to provide services to communities in need.”