Exploding and combustible hoverboards have been all over the news this season. This popular holiday gift has caught the attention of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The CPSC has recently issued a press release about the safety of these hoverboards. They’ve been actively investigating hoverboard-related fires all over the nation. CPSC investigators are trying to determine the cause of the fire hazard associated with many of these hoverboards. They’re hoping to determine the amount of risk posed by these products, so consumers can be properly informed. Listed below are some of the injuries associated with the faulty hoverboards.
Injuries Associated With Defective Hoverboards
• Internal organ injuries
Hoverboard Safety Investigation
At this time, investigators with the CPSC are trying to determine what caused the defective hoverboards to start fire. They’re also testing a variety of different hoverboards that have been purchased from retailers across the country in an effort to determine if and how these particular hoverboards catch fire. Although the investigation is ongoing, the CPSC is offering consumers a few tips to potentially help reduce the risk of a dangerous incident.
CPSC’s Hoverboard Safety Tips
• Avoid buying hoverboards at pop-up locations or websites that don’t have information on who is selling the product or who to contact if there is a problem.
• Don’t charge hoverboard overnight or when you aren’t able to observe it.
• Charge and store in an open dry are away from combustible items.
• Do not charge directly after riding.
• Don’t fully charge a hoverboard and then wrap it up as a gift.
• Check for the mark of a certified national testing laboratory.
• No not ride near vehicular traffic.
• Always safety gear, including a helmet.
Dangerous Toys and Products
Companies, manufacturers and retailers have a duty to provide safe products to their customers. Additionally, if products are found to be dangerous or defective, those manufacturers and retailers also have a duty to properly inform consumers or remedy the situation. It’s especially important for toy manufacturers to ensure their products are safe for children. If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one due to a defective or faulty product, contact the experienced lawyers at Alexander Law Group, LLP at 888.777.1776 for a free case consultatio