Hiring a lawyer in a serious injury or death case can make a significant difference in your bottom line. Even if you are dealing with your own insurance company, you cannot expect the company to be “on your side,” to be your “good neighbor,” or even to “be there.” You may pay the premiums on your policy, but make no mistake, insurance companies exist to make a profit.
Having your own lawyer will help you to maximize your recovery with specialized skills and knowledge. Here are some examples:
• the knowledge and ability to use the discovery system and subpoena powers to gather evidence necessary to evaluate your case;
• the experience needed to identify all parties who may be responsible for your injuries;
• personal knowledge of other lawyers, judges, and witnesses, including experts;
• familiarity with the legal system;
• knowledge of all potentially applicable legal theories, such as negligence, medical malpractice, strict liability, product liability, and the infliction of emotional distress; and
• the knowledge and financial ability to investigate issues fully and to hire experts on your behalf.
An experienced attorney can be especially helpful in cases that involve catastrophic injuries or death with the following characteristics:
• severe physical injuries requiring hospitalization and long-term treatment or rehabilitation;
• injuries involving special actors, such as the trucking industry, bus operators, and physicians; and
• injuries for which your insurance company claims that policy limits restrict them from paying anything additional.
What should you expect from your attorney in a serious injury or death case? All of the above, plus the compassion and respect that you and your family deserve.
The bottom line: In representing survivors of catastrophic accidents for more than 20 years, I know the professional help an experienced personal injury attorney can provide for survivors and their families. We will work with you to obtain unmatched results.
If you need help, contact us. That’s what we do.