Polaris is in the news again for dangerous and defective Off-Highway Vehicles (ROVs). The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently issued a press release about the latest recall of Polaris ROVs due to fire hazard. According to the press release, various models of 2014-2018 Polaris RZR XP 1000s are being impacted by this recall. Apparently, if the exhaust silencer fatigues and cracks, the heat shield may not be able to manage the heat, which can lead to a melting of nearby components or fire. At this time, approximately 107,000 ROVs are being recalled due to this defect. Listed below are the model years and models involved in this particular recall.
Polaris ROV Models in This Recall
- 2014 RZR XP 4 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2014 RZR XP EPS in various colors
- 2015 RZR XP 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2015 RZR XP 4 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2016 RZR XP 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2016 RZR XP 4 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2017 RZR XP 4 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2018 RZR XP 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2018 RZR XP 1000 EPS RIDE COMMAND in various colors
- 2018 RZR XP 1000 EPS HL EDITION in Stealth Black
- 2018 RZR XP 1000 EPS TRAILS AND ROCKS
- 2018 RZR XP 4 1000 EPS in various colors
- 2018 RZR XP 4 1000 EPS RIDE COMMAND in Black Pearl
- 2018 RZR XP 4 1000 EPS HL EDITION in Stealth Black
Fire Incidents Associated With Defective Polaris ROVs
These defective ROVs have been sold at Polaris dealers nationwide since 2013. There have been 30 reports of cracked exhaust silencers associated with these model Polaris ROVs. Of those reports, there have been three incidents of fire. Thankfully, there have been no reports of serious injuries or deaths associated with these defective Polaris ROVs. If you have one of these ROVs, stop using it immediately and contact a local Polaris dealer to schedule a free repair. If you’re not sure if your ROV is involved in a current recall, check with the manufacturer or the CPSC.
Alexander Law Group, LLP attorneys are always ready to answer questions and share the results of our research and experience with the public. As safety lawyers our goal is to make a difference for our clients and our community.